Alumni Involvement for Life
- The working group convened through the summer and fall terms (2012).
- The group submitted their recommendations to the faculty and senior executive strategic planning advisory committees in September 2012.
- Under the auspices of the Office of Alumni Relations, the group continued to meet through early 2013 to gather more data and explore steps for implementing the working group's strategic planning recommendations. A broad based, online, alumni outreach survey was conducted.
- A set of final recommendations was submitted to the chairs of the faculty and senior executive strategic planning advisory committees in March 2013.
In July 2012, the faculty strategic planning advisory committee (F-SPAC) launched a working group focusing on the needs of Dartmouth Alumni. The Alumni Involvement for Life Working Group was tasked with exploring programs and strategies at the intersection of the intellectual and academic side of Dartmouth that will increase engagement and satisfaction of all Dartmouth alumni.
This working group will seek broad input from within and outside Dartmouth. They will examine and utilize the best methods to engage the diverse population of living alumni of the undergraduate college, graduate programs of arts and sciences, Geisel School of Medicine, Thayer School of Engineering, and Tuck School of Business.
- To anticipate and develop the means to keep alumni engaged with Dartmouth throughout their lives
- To ensure that Dartmouth alumni institution-wide are committed and connected to the intellectual life of Dartmouth
How can we connect alumni to Dartmouth’s intellectual life?
What are the best ways to keep alumni connected to Dartmouth at all stages of life?
How can alumni be involved in supporting the professional and academic development of students and staff?
How can we facilitate strong partnerships between alumni, faculty, staff and students on campus and around the world?